It can be a very annoying experience to print an important document but find out that it doesn’t work. What could be wrong? You’ll see then a printer offline message in the printer menu and it could only get more frustrating. What you have to do at this moment is to go online from offline mode. It’s not very difficult but you need patience for completing this task.
1) The first action you can take is to try setting the printer back online. Oftentimes, it doesn’t work immediately but you have to try it. You can do this by going to “Settings,” “Printers,” then “Use Printer Online.” Check if the printer now works after this step. If it doesn’t, you can proceed to the next step.
2) Clear all print jobs and double-click on “Printer”. Select “Cancel All Documents” from “Printer Menu.” The reason for doing this is that there could be a stuck print job which results to the printer going offline. Try once more setting the printer online, then test if it can print a page.
3) Turn on the printer and turn it off. Wait for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on. Examine if the network connections are not loose. You can repeat the steps mentioned earlier after this step.
4) Restart your computer. Reinstall the drivers if the printer still doesn’t work. You can search for the driver button by clicking “Settings” > “Printers” > “Properties” > “General” > “Details Tab.” Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
5) The final option is to reinstall the printer. Go to “Settings,” “Printers,” then select the printer again. Delete it and reinstall by using the add printer wizard. This should make it work well again.
If all else fails, you may seek help from a professional computer technician to get your printer working again.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5969372