How to fix windows update error 80072EF2
When trying to update windows you may get windows Update error 80072EE2, don’t worry. You can use the two best fixes here to solve the problem. The steps apply to Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1.
Fix 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows update troubleshooter is tool to fix windows update errors in your computer. You can run windows update troubleshooter to fix Windows update error 80072EF2 All you have to do is run troubleshooter. Follow steps below:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Change view to “View by Small icons”, select Troubleshooting.
3. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update.
4. Click Next.
Then Windows update troubleshooter will attempt to fix windows update error 80072ee2.
If Windows update troubleshooter cannot fix Windows update error 80072ee2 or cannot determine error then, use Fix 2.
Fix 2: Fix Windows update error 80072ee2 by removing old update downloads and registry keys.
The Windows update error 80072ee2 can be caused by corrupt files and registry keys. If that’s the case, you would have to Delete registry keys manually. Deleting registry keys or making incorrect changes to registry can have dire consequences for your computer, to be on safer side and fix windows update error 80072ee2 you must first take backup of registry, so if something bad happens you can always restore form backup. To backup registry click on file in registry editor windows (explained later) and then click export and save the backup on external drive.
Then follow steps below:
1. In cortana search box type run and then click on run
2. Type services.msc in the run box and click OK button.
3. Find Windows Update service. Right click on it and then chose stop.
4. Open run and type %systemroot%SoftwareDistribution, click okay and delete all contents there.
5. Head back to services Window and right click on Windows update and click start.
6. Open Run dialog box again. Type regedit in the run box and click on OK. This is to open Registry Editor.
7. In Registry Editor, go to to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdate.
8. In the right-pane, you will see keys WUServer and WUStatusServer. Right-click on each and select Delete.
9. Open Services again. Check if Windows Update service is started. If it is Stopped, start it.
Hope the fixes here will help you with the Windows Update error 80072EE2.